Fifteen Wardrobe Essentials
With these items in your closet, you'll be prepared for virtually any situation.
- Shoes. Of all your measurements, your shoe size will remain the most constant over the course of your life. Find a quality pair of black leather loafers and make the investment.
- A suit. If you purchase just one, choose a classic dark suit that will lend itself to a variety of events. Spend a few extra bucks to have the suit properly tailored.
- A tuxedo. Celebrate your twenty-fifth birthday by purchasing a classic two-button tuxedo with notch lapels. This look never goes out of style. In the long run, it's smarter to own than to rent. Side note, if it's good enough for 007, then its good enough for you.
- Dress shirts. A white shirt is a safe and classic option. Supplement with other colors and patterns that complement your personal style. Dry clean your dress shirts without starch and have them pressed by hand. They will look crisper and last longer.
- Belts. In most cases, your belt color should match your shoes. Black with black Brown with brown.
- Socks. These are a subtle, understated means for expressing your personality. Women notice them and admire the attention to details. Choose from solids, stripes, argyle, or polka dots, to name a few of the available patterns. Or, go crazy like myself and don't even wear socks, women notice that too, minus the smell.
- Ties. If you are reading this on our site, it had better be a bow tie. They can say a lot about your personality. Having too many bow ties is NOT a bad thing.
- Blue jeans. Darker jeans look more formal and can be adapted to a variety of situations. No rips. No fraying. Unless you are a rips and fraying kinda guy.
- Chinos. The basics would obviously be a darker khaki color. But feel free to experiment with color. Ladies will most definitely notice this as well. I speak from experience here.
- T-shirts. A white tee paired with denim is a nice, classic, casual look. mid-cut V-necks are our weapon of choice.
- Polo shirts. A polo shirt has its place as a classic and versatile look. Truth be told, here at Ella Bing, we are not the biggest fans of them. Just not our style.
- Sweaters. Sweaters are good for layering over a collard shirt in the winter or as a stand alone item in the spring. A charcoal grey V-neck goes well with a suit, denim or chinos.
- Underwear. Choose from boxers, briefs, or don't wear them at all. This is all about personal preference and comfort.
- Sneakers. Gym only please.
- A briefcase. Choose a briefcase that matches your work attire. A backpack is fine for jeans, but a leather bag is a must when wearing a suit.
Source: Stuff Every Man Should Know. By: Brett Cohen. pg. 47-49
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.