The Perfect Attire for Every Occasion
Is there a difference between black-tie optional and semiformal? You bet your ass there is. Fancy Shmancy
- White tie. Black tailcoat with silk facings and a white shirt, collar, waistcoat and bow tie
- Black tie: tuxedo
- Black-tie optional: tuxedo or formal suit
- Semiformal: formal suit or sports jacket with a tie and trousers
The Casual Side
- Business: formal suit or sports jacket with a tie and trousers
- Business casual: trousers and a dress shirt
- Casual: jeans and the type of shirt depend on the attendees.
Source: Stuff Every Man Should Know. By Brett Cohen. pg 50
Ta da, your guide to the perfect attire for any occasion that comes your way.